I’m a huge football fan. Not of any team in particular, just a huge football fan. When I was in my teens, I played football. In my twenties and thirties, I would watch football all day. Now that I’ve hit forty and have a family, my football watching is downsized to snippets online and maybe a quick five minutes on the TV before my son complains about wanting to watch “Trash Truck” (actually a cute show for toddlers and adults).
So, this brief summary of the season is not just for you, but for me as well. I need to polish up on my football happenings before I go to this year’s Super Bowl Party. Here it goes:
- Brock Purdy (Mr. Irrelevant) goes from last pick of the 2022 draft (#262) and the backup, backup quarterback to leading the 49ers to 7 straight wins and into the conference championship game, and almost the Super Bowl.
- Damar Hamlin (Buffalo Bills) suffered a cardiac arrest during a game and recovered. This sparked renewed safety concerns and a national interest in learning CPR.
- LA Rams went from Super Bowl Champions to only winning 5 games this year.
- JJ Watt, future hall of fame defensive end, retired this year. 3-time defensive player of the year was one of the fiercest competitors and nicest guys.
- Tom Brady still making headlines with his retirement, un-retirement, personal drama and football future. Another retirement coming?
- Big name players with new teams. Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill to name a few.
- Washington shed the Redskins name and changed to the Commanders.
- Rihanna is taking center stage at the Super Bowl halftime show.
- Thursday Night Football streamed exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. NFL Sunday ticket switching next year from DirecTV to Google. Streaming is the new network TV.
Order Super Bowl Catering for February 12th with us! Call 310-326-3354 or Click Below.