The Italian economy has relied heavily on tourism for many years. 13% of their GDP comes from tourism, which roughly equates to a $60 billion loss in 2020 due to COVID. They are wounded but surviving.
Here are some things you need to know about Italian travel:
- 65% of Italian citizens are fully vaccinated.
- Passengers unable to present a valid vaccination or recovery certificate will have to self-isolate on arrival for five days.
- Passengers must show a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival.
- Restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies and general stores are open.
- Flights and hotels, prices are at an all-time low.
- Museums and historical attractions are open with lines being very short. You can hang out with “The David” all by yourself.
- October is the best month to travel because the weather is perfect.