As you may already know, Gaetano’s is celebrating its 30th anniversary this month. Many guests have been asking what are some of the ways we have stayed current for so long. My response is, it’s easy – just keep feeding people. We are nothing special in the realm of family businesses staying alive. There are so many great ones in the area. The Red Onion has been around for 75 years! But, if we have to name a few, here are a couple things we do to keep the wine flowing:
- Team First: If our team is happy, then our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. We want to ensure that each team member feels comfortable in this workplace and has a role to make this restaurant a better place.
- Pass the Baton: Restaurants are a very creative space. Many love to throw their opinions and ideas into it. Our Mom allowed us to keep the ideas flowing and try everything out. Some ideas stuck and some didn’t. We try to do the same for our team. When they have an idea, we want to test that idea out in the business. It allows for an ever evolving business, keeps the fun testing new things out, all while showing the team you appreciate their feedback and ideas.
- Appreciating Our Guests: The amount of restaurants you have to choose from is endless. In our industry, the minute you start to take your guests hard-earned dollars for granted is the minute you might as well close up shop. We are constantly teaching our team to appreciate the fact that you chose us to enjoy a night out with your family and friends.
- Always Strive to be Better: They say, “if it ain’t, broke don’t fix it”. But, can you make it even better by tweaking it? This is what we are always asking ourselves: how to make the food, service and overall experience better, by even a tiny bit.
- Support the Community: We are lucky to be in the business of feeding people. We can take our skills and turn that into joy for others. We are humbled to support the South Bay community that has supported us for 30 years. Whether it is a Little League banner or a Food Bank requesting a donation, we are always happy to partner with them.
We hope to celebrate with you soon, whether it be for a date night or your holiday gathering with coworkers or loved ones. We continue to have weekly anniversary throwback dinner specials from now until December 21st. Make a reservation today!
Cheers to another 30 years of Gaetano’s!