In 1991, our Dad, Steve, set out to develop a new fast casual concept to serve handmade Italian food in a comfortable setting. With the help of our Mom, Dori, and many other family members, they finally opened Gaetano’s.
When you start a business, you need specials to get people in the door. Not all of our specials were the best of ideas, but nonetheless, it got business going. Here are some of our favorites:
- Hot Tub on Crenshaw: There was a Jacuzzi place in our shopping center which sold above ground jacuzzis. We put a jacuzzi on Crenshaw and then put a bunch of people in it. This definitely attracted attention.
- Buy None, Get One Free: You read that right. Instead of a B.O.G.O., it was basically free food. We ran out of sandwiches by 1:00 PM.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza: It sounds odd, but was actually really good.
- Free Delivery: Yes, we had delivery drivers and offered free delivery.
- 326-DELI: Our phone number’s last four digits, spells DELI. We don’t use the DELI today but it still stays true. Take a look at your phone.
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti: For a good price, you could come in and leave very full. I’ll never forget a gentleman who would eat 6 plates in one sitting. Yikes!
So, which one will we be doing for our anniversary special? Nope, not the “Buy None, Get One Free”, but I like your wishful thinking. On January 23rd only, we will be bringing back our ALL YOU CAN EAT SPAGHETTI SPECIAL FOR $15.99. We will email you more details closer to the date.