Last year’s Thanksgiving, I was the person in charge of bringing a side dish for the family. I made scalloped potatoes with creamy cheddar, caramelized onions, chives and spices. Sounds great! It turned out just ok. It comes down to time. When making a new dish that I want to impress family and friends, I always like to make it a week or two ahead of time so that I can adjust where needed. Of course, I was busy the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and was scrambling to make a side dish at the last minute.
Don’t be a “scrambler”. Take the worry out of the side dish and let us take care of it. Here are some of our favorites you can purchase from our catering department:
- Rolled Eggplant: Parmesan breaded eggplant stuffed with cheese, then baked in the oven with marinara sauce and mozzarella.
- Mini Ciabatta: Our famous ciabatta rolls, served with butter and olive oil dip.
- Garlic Cheese Bread: Handmade garlic spread, mozzarella, parmesan, fresh herbs.
- Roasted Asparagus: Perfect complement to your turkey. You can also pick them up seasoned and ready to roast in your oven.
- Chicken Toes: Perfect for your little ones to enjoy.
- Roasted Potatoes: Red potatoes tossed in extra virgin olive oil, garlic and fresh rosemary
- Meatballs: Who says you can’t have meatballs with your Thanksgiving meal.
- Pear and Gorgonzola Salad: Mixed greens, fresh pears, gorgonzola, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, avocado and our homemade pear vinaigrette. Great for those that have been elected to bring a salad.
Happy start of the Holiday Season, everyone!